Our fresh sweet potatoes are from Nash Produce in Nashville, North Carolina. In 33 years, since being founded by Dale C. Bone in 1977, this farm has become one of the largest cucumber and sweet potato processing facilities in the United States. It’s prime location along with a commitment to quality, innovation, and customer service makes them a leader in the industry.
The sweet potato is a large, starchy, sweet-tasting root vegetable. The softer, orange variety is often called a yam in parts of North America. Besides simple starches, sweet potatoes are rich in complex carbohydrates, dietary fiber, beta carotene, vitamin C, and vitamin B6.
Click the links below for some recipes from our friends at Schoolyard Sprouts:
- Sweet Potato Dip
- Roasted Sweet Potato Soup – Recipe from Chef Tom Harvey at Murphy’s
- Sweet Potato Hash – Recipe from Rosebud
- Spicy Sweet Potato and Coconut Soup
- Sweet Potato Biscuits – Recipe from Chef Andrew Smith at Atkin’s Park
- Baked Sweet Potato Sticks
- Louisiana Sweet Potato Pancakes