An alumna of the University of Georgia, Jenna began her career in education in 2008 and since then has become one of the leading proponents (and providers) of increasing educational resources in the areas of social justice, food access, and environmental education, earning her the Presidential Innovation Award for Educators, received at the White House in Washington, DC in 2015.
At present, she develops curriculum and trains teachers around the world with partner organizations including FoodCorp, Georgia Organics, Life Lab, Whole Kids Foundation, and the Captain Planet Foundation. She also continues to play a large role in Atlanta Public Schools, her pilot school being a school-based rooftop gardening program that has garnered local and national press coverage, as well as numerous grants and awards.
Beyond the school walls, she serves as the Director of Education for Community Farmers Markets, developing programs to educate neighborhoods of Atlanta on the community health, economic, and sustainable benefits of local farmers markets.
- B.S.Ed. Early Childhood Education. University of Georgia. (2005-2008)
- Edible Schoolyard Academy. Edible Schoolyard. (July 2010)
- Urban Agriculture Training Program. Georgia Organics. (2012)
- Edible Schoolyard Academy. Edible Schoolyard. (July 2014)
- John Dewey Culinary Institute. University of Vermont (June 2017)
- Cultivating Farm to Early Childhood Course. Vermont Feed. (2020-2021)
- Building Connections in the Garden Course. Life Lab. (2021)
- Facilitation Training. Jeremy Lewis (January 2016)
- Prioritization Training. Jeremy Lewis (January 2016)
- Coaching Effectively. Emory Continuing Education (September 2017)
- Director of Education. Community Farmers Markets. (May 2015 – Present)
- Founding Lead Educator. Small Bites Adventure Club. (Nov 2018 – Present)
- Executive Board Member.
- WYLDE Center. (Jan 2015 – June 2020)
- Georgia School Garden Network. (Jan 2017 – Present)
- Curriculum Writer.
- Teacher Trainer.
- School Coach.
- Instructional Chef.
- Farmers Market Manager. Community Farmers Markets. (March 2014 – May 2015)
- Summit/Conference Education Planning.
- Committee Member. Georgia Organics. (2019, 2021)
- Strategic Plan Development.
- Staff Member. Community Farmers Markets. (2015, 2019)
- Board Member. Wylde Center. (2015, 2019)
- Evaluation Plan Development.
- Team Member. Georgia Organics Farm to School. (2016)
- Design Table Process.
- Team Member. Food Well Alliance. (2016)
- Website Development.
- Staff Member. Community Farmers Markets. (2015)
- Georgia Farm to School Alliance.
- Environmental Education Alliance of Georgia.