November 13 is Georgia Gives Day! On the week leading up to Georgia Gives Day (Monday, November 10 – Thursday, November 13) SPARK students are encouraged to bring cash or coins to donate to the organization of their choice.
This year at SPARK, students will be able to give back to any of ten chosen organizations that have given so much to our Environmental Education program over the years – whether through volunteers hours, resources, funds, in-house programming, or field trips.
Please see the list of organizations and the descriptions of their work below:
- Community Farmers Markets develops and strengthens Atlanta farmers markets for long term sustainability and meaningful community impact, with a focus on building a stronger local food system.
- Chattahoochee Nature Center provides unique learning experiences focused on the Chattahoochee River that connects people to the natural world and empower them to positively impact their local environments. See more about their work at SPARK here.
- Georgia Organics connects organic food from Georgia farms to Georgia families. See more about their work at SPARK here.
- Atlanta Beltline is a sustainable redevelopment project that will provide a network of public parks, multi-use trails and transit along a historic 22-mile railroad corridor circling downtown and connecting many neighborhoods directly to each other.
- Atlanta Bicycle Coalition works to create a healthier, more livable Atlanta by making it safer, easier, and more attractive to bicycle for fun, fitness, and transportation.
- Atlanta Botanical Gardens develops and maintains plant collections for display, education, research, conservation and enjoyment.
- Captain Planet Foundation works to give the next generation of environmental stewards an active understanding and love for the natural world in which they live. See more about their work at SPARK here.
- Georgia Conservancy promotes environmental advocacy, land conservation, coastal protection, sustainable growth and outdoor stewardship while recognizing the connection between the environment, the economy and our quality of life.
- Clean Air Campaign works with elementary, middle and high schools to protect children from harmful pollution and empower children to take a positive role in reducing traffic and cleaning the air. See more about their work at SPARK here.
- Trees Atlanta preserves and protects Atlanta’s urban forest. See more about their work at SPARK here.
You can see more information about the statewide event and donate to more causes from around the state at https://www.gagivesday.org